Help shape the future of safe routes to bike, stroll or roll through Parkland!
Pierce County is working to bring a bike and pedestrian pathway to connect Parkland families to schools and parks.
What’s happening now:
- Check out the concept design for the trail! Our team has been refining the design based on feedback we’ve heard to-date. We will continue to work with the community as we finalize design through 2021
- Thanks to everyone who joined our virtual presentation on April 29 where we gave a short presentation and answered some questions. You can watch the recording of the presentation if you were not able to join us
- If you’re looking for a fun activity for kids, download our free Parkland Community Trail coloring sheet and share your creations with us on social media by using #PierceCoCreates!
- Sign up for project email updates to stay in the loop on project updates and learn about future opportunities to share your thoughts
- Download our latest fact sheet
El Departamento de Parques del Condado de Pierce está trabajando para traer un sendero comunitario para conectar los vecindarios de Parkland con cinco escuelas, tres parques del condado y la Universidad Pacific Lutheran. El Sendero de la Comunidad Parkland proporcionará una ruta segura para personas de todas las edades para moverse en un área que actualmente tiene pocas aceras o carriles para bicicletas. Obtenga información en español sobre el proyecto y por favor responda la encuesta o envíe un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parkland Community Trail will connect Parkland neighborhoods to five schools, three County parks and Pacific Lutheran University. The Parkland Community Trail will provide a safe route for people of all ages to get around in an area that currently has few sidewalks or bike lanes.
Explore the concept design
Your feedback has helped us refine the proposed route and identify key design and safety features. We have refined the concept design based on you feedback. Check out the design below:
Remember: We’re excited to be at the concept design milestone, but there will be more opportunities to share your feedback with us as the project moves forward! We will continue working with property owners and residents as we finalize design through 2021 and during future construction.
If you're looking for a fun activity, download our free Parkland Community Trail coloring sheet!
Stay tuned here or sign up for email updates below to learn about upcoming events and workshops.
April 29 virtual presentation
Thanks to everyone who joined our virtual presentation on April 29! If you weren’t able to join us, you can watch the recording of the presentation to learn more about the updated concept design and hear responses to community members’ questions.
Sign up to stay informed
Enter your email address below to receive project emails
Follow along with us
- Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences walking and biking in Parkland in early 2020. We’ll share a summary of our online survey that closed Jan. 31
- Catch up on the proposed trail route presented at our open house on Feb. 6
- Thanks to everyone for participating! We’ll share a summary of our online survey that closed Feb. 24, stay tuned