Help shape the design of a safe route to bike, stroll or roll through Parkland!
Pierce County is working to bring a bike and pedestrian pathway to connect Parkland families to schools and parks.
What's happening now:
- Thank you to everyone who joined our virtual open house on April 1! If you were not able to join us, you can watch a recording of the presentation.
- The detailed design phase has begun! Share your thoughts now in our Detailed Design Survey.
- Sign up for email updates.
- Take a look at the Parkland Community Trail Alternative Evaluation and Conceptual Design Report. This report gives an overview of the project and the decision points to date, as well as some of the challenges and opportunities moving forward.
Thanks to everyone who joined our virtual presentation in April 2020 where we gave a short presentation about the project and answered questions from the community. You can watch the recording of the presentation if you were not able to join us, or if you'd like to get caught up on where we've been.
El Departamento de Parques del Condado de Pierce está trabajando para traer un sendero comunitario para conectar los vecindarios de Parkland con cinco escuelas, tres parques del condado y la Universidad Pacific Lutheran. El Sendero de la Comunidad Parkland proporcionará una ruta segura para personas de todas las edades para moverse en un área que actualmente tiene pocas aceras o carriles para bicicletas. Obtenga información en español sobre el proyecto y envíe un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to stay informed
Enter your email address below to receive project emails
The Parkland Community Trail will connect Parkland neighborhoods to five schools, three County parks and Pacific Lutheran University. The Parkland Community Trail will provide a safe route for people of all ages and abilities to get around in an area that currently has few sidewalks or bike lanes.
Also happening in your neighborhood:
Pierce County Parks is beginning construction on amazing improvements to the Sprinker Recreation Center in 2022.
Share your input
Explore the concept design
Your feedback has helped us develop the trail route and identify key design and safety features. Check out the design below:
Now that the trail route has been established, we need your help as we move into detailed design to determine how it looks! We will be asking for your feedback as the team works on the design throughout 2021.
If you're looking for a fun activity, download our free Parkland Community Trail coloring sheet!
Stay tuned here or sign up for email updates below to learn about upcoming events and workshops.
Virtual open house: April 1, 2021
Thank you to everyone who joined our virtual open house on April 1! We shared an overview about the project, recaped how we got here, answered your questions, and looked ahead to what's next. If you weren’t able to join us, you can watch the recording of the presentation.
Follow along with us
- Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences walking and biking in Parkland using our online interactive map tool in early 2020.
- We hosted on online survey and an in-person open house to share more information about the project and collect your feedback on the trail route.
- We gave a virtual presentation on the concept design on April 29, 2020. You can watch the recording of the presentation if you were not able to join us.
- Thank you to everyone who joined our virtual open house on April 1! We will be sharing a recording of the presentation and Q&A shortly.
- Learn about the trail alignment and design established during the initial design phase
- Stay tuned for opportunities to get involved and share feedback to inform guide the development of further design and how the trail looks.
- Sign up for email updates to stay in the loop as the project moves forward